Junior Conversion Rate Optimization Strategist
Here’s the opportunity for you. We’re a nimble and lean team who hustles to unlock huge results for our clients. We’re looking for an additional pair of hands to help us continue our growth, and that means you’ll be punching above your weight class almost daily.
You’ll be forming conversion optimization insights through data analysis and great user experience (UX) for clients like Adobe, Xerox, and mid-sized outdoor brands and online clothing retailers. And you’ll have the opportunity to grow into a Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Strategist role, running your own client accounts.
The Junior CRO Strategist role is responsible for working with the CRO Strategy team to deliver The Good’s Conversion Growth Program™ for a subset of clients.
This entails forming insights from digital analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Optimizely, and Visual Website Optimizer (VWO) by inspecting, cleaning, and modeling data with the goal of highlighting useful information, drawing actionable conclusions, testing hypotheses, and supporting informed decision making.
This role should have a strong interest in:
- Learning how to find solutions to improve goal conversion through event tracking, A/B and multivariate test implementation, customer segmentation, and data analysis
- Applying great UX design and research to solve website challenges
- Solving problems such as page or cart abandonment
- Finding the most effective online customer experience
- Helping to surface important but missing on-site content
This position reports to Director of CRO Strategy.
Applications without a cover letter will not receive a response. Must provide requested salary in cover letter.
A qualified candidate for this role will exhibit the following:
- Must have at least two of these three skills: UX, analytics, or a background in scientific process and statistics
- Ecommerce experience preferred
- Must be so comfortable with numbers that they can analyze site data and then recognize where the site is succeeding and failing
- Understands good UX design and how to ensure the site/content/brand gets out of the way of the consumer (and the brand out of their own way!)
- Holds The Good’s belief that the customer’s needs come first online (vs the brand’s needs) and likes what they see in our Insights
- Great writing skills: to communicate with clients often, and contribute to our Insights
- Soft skills: is very detail oriented, a quick thinker in pressure situations, and not afraid to pick up the phone over sending an email
- Highly creative: we’re constantly looking for the points of highest leverage since we’re small and scrappy.
- Detail oriented: loves to-do lists and checking off the items
- Entrepreneurial: wants to work on a small team, and willing to contribute when/where needed outside of job role
- Must have minimum of 1 year experience in a professional consulting environment
This role will be asked to do the following functions on a regular basis:
- Analytics Reporting – You’ll be pulling, cleaning, and modeling digital analytics data with the goal of highlighting useful information, suggesting conclusions, and supporting informed decision making for all other team members.
- UX Design – Ideate and create A/B test designs for clients based on established strategies as well as your own insights.
- Consumer and UX Research – Setup and monitor A/B tests, consumer surveys, and analyzing website and marketing campaign performance.
- Presentation Building – Forming client presentations based on data science, then open to critique from the team on where to dig deeper and how to revise.
- Flexibility – Be ready to dive in to contribute where needed most, critique, and improve our client results.
- Client Communication – Setting meetings, answering questions, conducting research and responding in a helpful manner.
- Contractor Management – Ensuring our extended team has what they need to contribute, on time and on budget.
- Tools, Trends and Innovation – Awareness of latest conversion optimization trends and technologies; research and adopt effective techniques that improve the client’s bottom line. Actively seek out events and growth opportunities and then share your learnings with the greater team.
- Thought Leadership – Contribute research and content production (writing) for The Good’s extensive content efforts.
The role’s success will be determined through the following scorecard metrics:
- Cares deeply about online end consumer satisfaction, happiness and loyalty
- Guides clients to achieve at least a 3:1 ROI on their investment with The Good
- Can handle working on 6-8 accounts simultaneously
- Knows ecommerce and lead generation well enough to write 1200 words on a related focused topic, per month
- Obtains and maintains industry recognized certifications
At The Good we thrive by holding true to three core values that we expect every team member to uphold in themselves, and one another:
- Be a force for change. We find opportunity in every challenge and take action to make things better.
- Make improvements, not excuses. We hold each other accountable to grow through practice, not perfection.
- Inspire by example. We challenge each other to risk temporary setbacks in pursuit of lasting progress.
About The Good
A little about our “Why”.
At The Good we know what ecommerce leaders really want is to have a website that produces a lot more revenue from their existing traffic. In order to do that, they need to convert more of their website visitors into buyers. The problem is, they don’t know how to get their conversion rate to the next level which makes them feel frustrated and stuck.
We believe every ecommerce leader deserves a clear path that helps them realize their website’s true conversion potential. We understand how challenging it can be to take an existing website to its next level, which is why for almost 10 years we have been helping ecommerce sites increase their conversion rates without the need to increase traffic.
In fact, we’ve written the book on it: Stop Marketing, Start Selling.
We are proud to be a certified B-Corporation.
B Corps are a new type of company that uses the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. While The Good has sought to hold ourselves to higher standards as a matter of principle, the certification has helped to add another layer of outside accountability and transparency. B-Corp has evaluated how our practices impact our employees, their community, the environment, and our customers. To learn more about our certification, check out The Good’s B Corp profile.
Recruiters: please no emails or phone calls.
Applications are only accepted at: