User Experience Intern
Here’s the opportunity for you. We’re a nimble and lean team who hustles to unlock huge results for our clients. We’re looking for a User Experience Intern for our growing team to take user experience insights and turn them into winning strategies for online ecommerce retailers.
This role requires a strong focus on understanding user experience pain points, finding the most effective UI, and identifying missing elements on a web page.
This is a paid internship.
The User Experience Intern will use a host of research methods to identify user experience pain points and recommend ways to resolve those pain points. This entails conducting user experience research, gathering inspiration, and recommending methods to resolve existing pain points through improved web design.
This role will work alongside experienced optimization specialists and provide reports that will inform larger strategies for our growing client roster.
This position reports to Director of Conversion and UX Strategy.
Applications without a cover letter will not receive a response.
A qualified candidate for this role will exhibit the following:
- Highly creative: we’re constantly looking for the points of highest leverage since we’re small and scrappy
- Research-ready: familiar with established UX research methods like observation, surveys, data analysis, or similar
- Pixel-obsessed: experience with digital design tools (Illustrator, Sketch, or similar, 1 year)
- Feedback-happy: able to comfortably and articulately give and receive criticism and improve from there (classroom setting ok)
- Soft skills: ability to communicate visually and verbally
- Entrepreneurial: wants to work on a small team, and willing to contribute when/where needed outside of job role
- Strong interest in UX research, visual communication, and user experiences
- Currently pursuing or recently completed a degree in User Experience Design, HCI, or similar
The role’s success will be determined through the following scorecard metrics:
- Compiling reports and analysis from existing data sets (heatmaps, session recordings, user testing)
- Contribution to client-facing or internal presentations
- Assist with insight-generation and user experience research
- Compile landscape analysis and recommend best-in-class solutions to the problems our clients are facing
This role will be asked to do the following functions on a regular basis:
- Conduct User Experience research
- Assist on client accounts, leveraging UX research techniques with the goal of uncovering opportunity areas for client sites
- Read heat maps, analyze session recordings, and conduct user experience testing sessions
- Analyze analytics data for drop off points in a conversion funnel
- Infer and imply patterns of behavior, misunderstandings, and opportunities from research findings
- Create presentations
- Create and contribute to client-facing or internal presentations
- Create other visual collateral as-needed and/or requested
- Conduct competitive analysis and compile best-in-class examples
- Design A/B and multivariate tests at the direction of the strategy team
- Iterate using existing website design patterns, grids, colors, and typefaces
- Iterate in low, mid, and high fidelity
- Present solutions confidently, give and take feedback generously
At The Good we thrive by holding true to three core values that we expect every team member to uphold in themselves, and one another:
- Be a force for change. We find opportunity in every challenge and take action to make things better.
- Make improvements, not excuses. We hold each other accountable to grow through practice, not perfection.
- Inspire by example. We challenge each other to risk temporary setbacks in pursuit of lasting progress.
About The Good
A little about our “Why”.
At The Good we know what ecommerce leaders really want is to have a website that produces a lot more revenue from their existing traffic. In order to do that, they need to convert more of their website visitors into buyers. The problem is, they don’t know how to get their conversion rate to the next level which makes them feel frustrated and stuck.
We believe every ecommerce leader deserves a clear path that helps them realize their website’s true conversion potential. We understand how challenging it can be to take an existing website to its next level, which is why for almost 10 years we have been helping ecommerce sites increase their conversion rates without the need to increase traffic.
In fact, we’ve written the book on it: Stop Marketing, Start Selling.
We are proud to be a certified B-Corporation.
B Corps are a new type of company that uses the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. While The Good has sought to hold ourselves to higher standards as a matter of principle, the certification has helped to add another layer of outside accountability and transparency. B-Corp has evaluated how our practices impact our employees, their community, the environment, and our customers. To learn more about our certification, check out The Good’s B Corp profile.
Recruiters: please no emails or phone calls.
This is a paid internship.
Location: must be able to work on-site in our Portland, Oregon USA office.
Applications are only accepted at: