Internship: Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Strategist
Here’s the opportunity for you. We’re a nimble and lean team who hustles to unlock huge results for our clients. We’re looking for the next rising star to blossom into a conversion rate optimization (CRO) strategist.
You’ll be taught the fundamentals of CRO over the course of your internship through hands-on learning supervised by our Director of CRO Strategy. Every week you’ll be taught a new topic, sent off to explore the topic with our team of experts, and present back to the team what you learn.
You’ll then get to apply these learnings into conversion optimization insights and A/B test designs for various clients like Adobe, Xerox, and mid-sized online clothing retailers. At the end of your internship, you may even have the opportunity to stay on in a Junior Conversion Rate Optimization Strategist role, working directly with our team on a subset of client accounts.
This is a paid internship.
The Conversion Rate Optimization Strategy Intern is responsible for working with the CRO Strategy team to deliver The Good’s Conversion Growth Program™ for a subset of clients.
This work entails forming insights from digital analytics platforms such as Google Analytics and Optimizely by inspecting, cleaning, and modeling data with the goal of highlighting useful information, drawing actionable conclusions, testing hypotheses, and supporting informed decision making.
This role should have a strong interest in:
- Learning how to find solutions to improve goal conversion through event tracking, A/B test implementation, customer segmentation, and data analysis
- Solving problems such as page or cart abandonment
- Finding the most effective online customer experience
- Helping to surface important but missing on-site content
This position reports to Director of CRO Strategy.
Applications without a cover letter will not receive a response. Must provide requested hourly wage in cover letter.
A qualified candidate for this role will exhibit the following:
- Must have at least two of these skills: user experience (UX) design, UX research, analytics, or a background in scientific process and statistics
- Ecommerce experience preferred but not required
- Must be so comfortable with numbers that they can analyze site data and then recognize where the site is succeeding and failing
- Understands good user experience (UX) and how to ensure the site/content/brand gets out of the way of the consumer (and the brand out of their own way!)
- Holds The Good’s belief that the customer’s needs come first online (vs the brand’s needs) and likes what they see in our Insights
- Great writing skills: to communicate with clients often, and contribute to our Insights
- Soft skills: is very detail oriented, a quick thinker in pressure situations, and not afraid to pick up the phone over sending an email
- Highly creative: we’re constantly looking for the points of highest leverage since we’re small and scrappy.
- Detail oriented: loves to-do lists and checking off the items
- Entrepreneurial: wants to work on a small team, and willing to contribute when/where needed outside of job role
This role will be asked to do the following functions on a regular basis:
- Analytics Reporting – You’ll be pulling, cleaning, and modeling digital analytics data with the goal of highlighting useful information, suggesting conclusions, and supporting informed decision making for all other team members.
- UX Design – Ideate and create A/B test designs for clients based on established strategies as well as your own insights.
- Consumer and UX Research – Setup and monitor A/B tests, consumer surveys, and analyzing website and marketing campaign performance.
- Presentation Building – Forming client presentations based on data science, then open to critique from the team on where to dig deeper and how to revise.
- Flexibility – Be ready to dive in to contribute where needed most, critique, and improve our client results.
- Client Communication – Setting meetings, answering questions, conducting research and responding in a helpful manner.
- Tools, Trends and Innovation – Awareness of latest conversion optimization trends and technologies; research and adopt effective techniques that improve the client’s bottom line. Actively seek out events and growth opportunities and then share your learnings with the greater team.
- Thought Leadership – Contribute research and content production (writing) for The Good’s extensive content efforts.
At The Good we thrive by holding true to three core values that we expect every team member to uphold in themselves, and one another:
- Be a force for change. We find opportunity in every challenge and take action to make things better.
- Make improvements, not excuses. We hold each other accountable to grow through practice, not perfection.
- Inspire by example. We challenge each other to risk temporary setbacks in pursuit of lasting progress.
About The Good
A little about our “Why”.
At The Good we know what ecommerce leaders really want is to have a website that produces a lot more revenue from their existing traffic. In order to do that, they need to convert more of their website visitors into buyers. The problem is, they don’t know how to get their conversion rate to the next level which makes them feel frustrated and stuck.
We believe every ecommerce leader deserves a clear path that helps them realize their website’s true conversion potential. We understand how challenging it can be to take an existing website to its next level, which is why for almost 10 years we have been helping ecommerce sites increase their conversion rates without the need to increase traffic.
In fact, we’ve written the book on it: Stop Marketing, Start Selling.
We are proud to be a certified B-Corporation.
B Corps are a new type of company that uses the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. While The Good has sought to hold ourselves to higher standards as a matter of principle, the certification has helped to add another layer of outside accountability and transparency. B-Corp has evaluated how our practices impact our employees, their community, the environment, and our customers. To learn more about our certification, check out The Good’s B Corp profile.
Recruiters: please no emails or phone calls.
This is a paid internship.
Location: must be able to work on-site in our Portland, Oregon USA office.
Applications are only accepted at: