Front-End and A/B Test Developer (Contract)
Here’s the opportunity for you. We’re a nimble and lean team who hustles to unlock huge results for our clients. You’ll be developing conversion optimization tests and strategies for clients like Adobe, Xerox, and mid-sized online clothing retailers. And you’ll make a meaningful and measurable contribution to driving online revenue for The Good’s clients. Applications accepted through Friday, March 13th.
The Front-End and A/B Test Developer (Contract) role is responsible for working with the CRO Strategy team to deliver The Good’s Conversion Growth Program™ for a subset of clients.
This entails using front-end development skills to implement the A/B and multivariate testing roadmap in platforms such as VWO and Optimizely. Additionally, you’ll be using qualitative and quantitative data with the goal of highlighting useful information, drawing actionable conclusions, testing hypotheses, and supporting informed decision making.
This role should have a strong interest in:
- Knowledge of UX design best practices, and understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Learning how to find solutions to improve goal conversion through multivariate test implementation, event tracking, and data analysis
- Building A/B or multivariate tests for solving problems such as page or cart abandonment
- Finding the most effective online customer experience
This position reports to Director of CRO Strategy.
Applications without a cover letter will not receive a response. Must provide requested salary in cover letter.
A qualified candidate for this role will exhibit the following:
- Must have at least one year of front-end development expertise, with credentials to back it up (such as code school graduation or relevant industry experience)
- Experience with ecommerce focused platforms like Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, as well as WordPress and others
- Experience with Google Analytics including the custom goal and event tracking
- Experience or desire learning using wirefame/mockup tools and UX design software like Sketch, UXPin, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Holds The Good’s belief that the customer’s needs come first online (vs the brand’s needs) and likes what they see in our Insights
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) concepts
- Soft skills – is very detail oriented, a quick thinker in pressure situations, and not afraid to pick up the phone over sending an email
- Highly creative – we’re constantly looking for the points of highest leverage since we’re small and scrappy
- Detail oriented – loves to-do lists and checking off the items
- Entrepreneurial – wants to work on a small team, and willing to contribute when/where needed
This role will be asked to do the following functions on a regular basis:
- Front End Development – Responsible for the overall design, style, layout, features, and code quality of tests developed, ensuring they meet the client’s brand guidelines and standards
- Collaboration – Collaborate with other developers to create and maintain a consistent and effective use of UI components and style guidelines. Work with strategy team to understand detailed requirements of the tests you’re working on and design user experiences that meet their needs.
- Adaptability – Be able to identify the coding standards used on any given project and adapt your code to fit into the existing codebase.
- Consumer and UX Research – Setup and monitor A/B tests, consumer surveys, and analyzing website and marketing campaign performance.
- Flexibility – Be ready to dive in to contribute where needed most, critique, and improve our client results.
- Tools, Trends and Innovation – Awareness of latest conversion optimization trends and technologies; research and adopt effective techniques that improve the client’s bottom line. Actively seek out events and growth opportunities and then share your learnings with the greater team.
The role’s success will be determined through the following scorecard metrics:
- Successful launch of 90% or greater of experiments developed and live on the client’s site
- Cares deeply about online end consumer satisfaction, happiness and loyalty
- Can handle working on 6-8 accounts simultaneously
- Obtains and maintains industry recognized certifications
At The Good we thrive by holding true to three core values that we expect every team member to uphold in themselves, and one another:
- Be a force for change. We find opportunity in every challenge and take action to make things better.
- Make improvements, not excuses. We hold each other accountable to grow through practice, not perfection.
- Inspire by example. We challenge each other to risk temporary setbacks in pursuit of lasting progress.
About The Good
A little about our “Why”.
At The Good we know what ecommerce leaders really want is to have a website that produces a lot more revenue from their existing traffic. In order to do that, they need to convert more of their website visitors into buyers. The problem is, they don’t know how to get their conversion rate to the next level which makes them feel frustrated and stuck.
We believe every ecommerce leader deserves a clear path that helps them realize their website’s true conversion potential. We understand how challenging it can be to take an existing website to its next level, which is why for almost 10 years we have been helping ecommerce sites increase their conversion rates without the need to increase traffic.
In fact, we’ve written the book on it: Stop Marketing, Start Selling.
We are proud to be a certified B-Corporation.
B Corps are a new type of company that uses the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. While The Good has sought to hold ourselves to higher standards as a matter of principle, the certification has helped to add another layer of outside accountability and transparency. B-Corp has evaluated how our practices impact our employees, their community, the environment, and our customers. To learn more about our certification, check out The Good’s B Corp profile.
Recruiters: please no emails or phone calls.
Location: must be able to work on-site in our Portland, Oregon USA office.
Applications are only accepted at: