UX & Conversion Rate Optimization Strategist (Portland, OR / Remote)
Here’s the opportunity for you. We’re a nimble and lean team who hustles to unlock huge results for our clients. We’re looking for a UX & Conversion Rate Optimization Strategist for our growing team to deliver The Good’s Conversion Growth Program™ for a subset of clients.
The UX & CRO Strategist is responsible for using a host of research methods to form insights. Our strategists mine analytics data for patterns of behavior, conduct and collaborate on user research, and draw actionable conclusions to and from key growth strategies for a group of accounts.
This role requires a strong focus on collaborating with clients to get the most done for their site visitors.
What you’ll love about this role: You’ll be responsible for making recommendations to our clients about how to improve their site, and testing some higher risk opportunities via A/B and multivariate testing. You’ll be proving the value of good customer experiences on a regular basis, and get to measure the revenue impact you have for your clients in dollars earned.
A qualified candidate for this role will exhibit the following:
- 2+ years experience in ecommerce, agency, or advisory setting
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Experience or ability to present to c-level executives
- Experience with analytics tool sets such as Google Analytics
- Strong advocate for good customer experience
- Understanding of fundamentals of statistical analysis
- Critical eye for good digital design and best practices on the web
- Experienced with using research to define a problem and come up with a solution
Helpful (but not required) experience:
- Experience with design tools such as Figma, Illustrator, or Sketch
- Experience with Shopify, WooCommerce, or other eCommerce platforms
This role will be asked to do the following functions on a regular basis:
- Distill client questions and needs into research project briefs
- Conduct and/or collaborate on customer research: data analysis, usability testing, over-the-shoulder observation, heatmap analysis, survey design & analysis, research synthesis
- Review research and testing results, draw actionable conclusions, prioritize, and make a roadmap based on the findings
- Create the strategy for A/B and multivariate tests, including where to test, what to test, and what your measures of success will be
- Collaborate with design, development, and research professionals to get great results for your clients
- Analyze A/B test results and make recommendations on how to move forward
Location: Remote. We’re a truly hybrid work environment, so while most of our team lives in Portland, Oregon we are accepting candidates from all over the USA.
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation: $65,000 – $80,000 DOE plus the opportunity to earn up to $5,000 in annual move-the-needle bonuses based on predetermined milestones.
This position reports to: Director of UX & CRO Strategy
We will communicate with you when your application is received.
Next steps are as follows:
- Resume, Cover Letter & Portfolio Screening
- Phone screening: We’ll get to know you, discuss the basic qualifications of the job, and answer any questions you may have to make sure there is a good mutual fit.
- Skills Exercise: This brief exercise is intended to identify if you’re not just qualified on paper but if you have what it takes to actually deliver.
- Face to face interview: If you make it this far, consider yourself a top candidate. We’d like to meet with you, either face-to-face in our Portland, Oregon office, or via a Zoom call.
- References & Background Check: We want to know what makes you tick so we’ll ask a variety of references for their opinions. Consider yourself a finalist at this stage, we don’t want to bother your references unless you’re in the final stages.
- Hire: When it seems clear that we’re a mutual fit, we’ll make it official.
How To Apply
Applications only accepted via the Breezy link below. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
At The Good we thrive by holding true to these core values that we expect every team member to uphold in themselves, and one another:
- Make Improvements, Not Excuses. We hold each other accountable to grow through practice, not perfection.
- Impact Over Income. Our company exists to eliminate bad online experiences, not just to make a profit. Our success allows us to invest in people and communities.
- Own Your Experience. Every challenge presents an opportunity. We all take ownership over difficult situations and take steps to positively influence the outcome. We all carry our own weight and seek to inspire others by example.
- Strive For Clarity. The best decisions are made when we have accurate information, communicated respectfully and with clarity. We’re not afraid to say, “I don’t know, but let me find out.”
About The Good
A little about our “Why”.
At The Good we know what ecommerce leaders really want is to have a website that produces a lot more revenue from their existing traffic. In order to do that, they need to convert more of their website visitors into buyers. The problem is, they don’t know how to get their conversion rate to the next level which makes them feel frustrated and stuck.
We believe every ecommerce leader deserves a clear path that helps them realize their website’s true conversion potential. We understand how challenging it can be to take an existing website to its next level, which is why for almost 10 years we have been helping ecommerce sites increase their conversion rates without the need to increase traffic.
We are proud to be a certified B-Corporation.
B Corps are a new type of company that uses the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. While The Good has sought to hold ourselves to higher standards as a matter of principle, the certification has helped to add another layer of outside accountability and transparency. B-Corp has evaluated how our practices impact our employees, their community, the environment, and our customers. To learn more about our certification, check out The Good’s B Corp profile.
Recruiters: please no emails or phone calls.
Applications are only accepted at: